Contest Rules and Regulations
Contest Rules and Regulations
Spire Hospitality, LLC
Group Event Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
Sweepstakes open only to legal U.S. residents, who are 21 years or older and who reside within 25 miles of any Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Not eligible in Puerto Rico.
Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, individual Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel locations (including Spire employees and management), their immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse), regardless of where they live, and members of their same household (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter or win prizes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
By participating, you agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all respects and are not subject to appeal.
o Spire Hospitality, LLC (“Sponsor”) will offer random drawing sweepstakes promotions (“Sweepstakes”) on a monthly basis beginning on August 1, 2022, and ending December 31st, 2023.
o Each Sweepstakes will start on the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month.
o Sponsor may cease offering the Sweepstakes for any reason by posting a notice to such effect at https://spirehotels.com at least two (2) weeks prior to the next month of the Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes during a given month due to pandemic/epidemic, natural cataclysm, riot, strike, materials shortage, civil commotion, governmental action, or other force majeure event); in such case, Sponsor will post notice at https://spirehotels.com.
1. HOW TO ENTER.
0. Visit https://www.hotelholidayevents.com and fill out the form on the exit overlay image that pops up. A pop-up window with an entry form will appear on-screen when you attempt to leave the webpage.
1. Complete the entry form with all required information (that is, your name, email address and city/state of residence) and click the “ENTER TO WIN” button.
2. To be eligible for a given monthly random drawing, the completed entry must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”)/10:59:59 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on the last day of the applicable month.
3. You are not required to book an event at a (U.S.) Spire Hospitality, LLC location nor will doing so increase your chances of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes.
2. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS.
0. Limit of one (1) entry per person per month. Entries do not roll over into the next month. You must re-enter the sweepstakes every month if you do not win and wish to be re-entered into the next month’s sweepstakes.
1. Use of automated, programmed, or similar means of entry, as well as third party sweepstakes/contest entry services, is prohibited.
2. Proof of submission of completed entry form does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry in the Sweepstakes.
3. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged by Sponsor, but any such acknowledgment is not otherwise binding upon Sponsor.
4. If you enter via mobile device, you will be responsible for wireless Internet access and other charges of wireless carrier. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
5. Sponsor shall resolve disputes as to identity of entrant based on its determination in its sole discretion of the Authorized Account Holder of the email address provided on entry form. (Authorized Account Holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.)
3. RANDOM DRAWING.
0. One Winner will be selected each month in a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received during that month. Non-winning eligible entries will NOT be retained for subsequent months.
Sponsor will conduct each months’ random drawing approximately three (3) business days following the conclusion of that month.
1. WINNER NOTIFICATION.
o Winners will be notified by email and telephone (if provided) and will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful), within five (5) business days of date of notification to the Sales Manager at the Spire Hotel location selected on their entry.
o Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind if:
• Winner fails to timely complete/sign/return the Affidavit.
• Sponsor cannot contact the winner despite making commercial reasonable efforts to do so; or
• Sponsor determines that the winner is in violation of these Official Rules (for example, winner is not eligible).
o In the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor will select an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received for the corresponding months’ drawing.
1. PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING.
o Prize is 1 Night stay for two (2) guests in a basic single or double bed room. No upgrades or inclusions will apply to the winner.
o The prize has a total approximate retail value of up to $450 subject to restrictions in Rule 7g below.
o Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each months’ drawing.
1. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS.
0. Limit of one (1) prize per person/family/household during any given six (6) month period.
1. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No prize substitution or cash redemption is allowed by winner; but, Sponsor may award an alternate prize of comparable value for any reason including inability to offer event due to inclement weather (see also Rule 8).
2. Prize is not transferable without the prior written consent of Sponsor, which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind.
3. Date of event is subject to availability of corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location, including blackout/holiday dates. Winner must provide at least (30) days’ notice to corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location in advance of preferred date for event, with the actual event date being subject to approval by corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC Hotel location and Sponsor in their sole discretion. As such, event may not be held on winner’s first choice of date.
4. Winner must provide representative of corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location with a listing of all guests. Personnel at corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location reserve the right to deny admission to any person who does not furnish valid government-issue photo identification establishing his/her identity to the satisfaction of hotel personnel.
5. Should winner have fewer than 2 guests prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for actual number of attendees at event and he/she will not receive an alternate prize or compensation of any kind.
6. Winner and friends must at all times conduct themselves in an appropriate, socially responsible and courteous manner before/during/after event as well as following all instructions of personnel of corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location; the preceding includes but is not limited to the alcohol beverage server as per subsection g above. Failure to do so will result in termination of event (should winner violate the preceding conduct requirement) or ejection from event (should friend[s] violate the preceding conduct requirement); and, if the conduct in question is determined by Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel personnel (including alcohol beverage server, as applicable) to be sufficiently egregious, such action may be taken without issuance of a warning.
7. All unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize are the winner’s sole responsibility, including travel to and from corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location to stay at the hotel. In addition, if winner (or friend[s]) use a taxi/care services because they are impaired and cannot safely operate a motor vehicle, such expenses will also include the cost of a taxi/car service from corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location to residence of winner/friend.
1. ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: COVID 19
o Winner and friends each understand and agree that indoor gatherings are inherently dangerous due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic which is a highly contagious and communicable disease for which there is currently no known vaccine; and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, each assumes any and all risks of illness, injury or even death which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from staying at the hotel.
o While corresponding, approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location will closely follow all cleaning and safety protocols in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus, winner and friends understand that it is possible that he/she may still contract COVID-19/Coronavirus and/or infect others even if they are asymptomatic.
o Winner and friends further understand and agree that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus (regardless of if mandated by a governmental authority), Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the event on the originally approved date at the originally approved Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location with little (if any) advanced notice. In such case, Sponsor may allow winner to re-schedule the stay for another time and/or at another Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel location; however, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute an entirely different prize of comparable value and such substitute prize shall constitute the entire liability of Sponsor.
o Winner and friends also understand and agree that Sponsor has not obtained any insurance for them relative to acceptance and use of the prize.
o In all cases, winner, and friends, to the fullest extent permitted by law, indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor from any and all liability which may arise directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the prize related directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, to COVID-19/Coronavirus.
1. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
• Sponsor assumes no liability or responsibility for:
• Late, lost, illegible/garbled, corrupted, incomplete, inaccessible/blocked, jumbled, damaged or misdirected entries (all of which are void);
• Any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error.
• Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site, entries or the pop-up window featuring the entry form;
• Any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof which prevents the Sweepstakes from being offered as intended; or for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s mobile device or desktop computer (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any web site or participating in Sweepstakes.
• Sponsor disclaims any and all liability for any error in advertising or offering the Sweepstakes.
• Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules on a given occasion will not constitute the waiver of such provision.
• This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
• FORCE MAJEURE. If the Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (by way of example only, pandemic/epidemic, materials shortage, riot, strike, civil commotion, government order/action; natural disaster, act of fraud or unauthorized human intervention), Sponsor may cancel, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) and conduct the Sweepstakes making the prizes available in a manner which is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. See also Rule 1d above. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at https://spirehotels.com.
• RELEASE OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, an entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless
• its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, individual Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel locations; and
• the employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, shareholders, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing organizations
from any and all liability or injury arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in the Sweepstakes, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of the prize. See also Rule 8e above.
1. RELEASE OF PUBLICITY. By accepting a prize in the Sweepstakes, winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to use his/her name, image, photo, likeness, publicly available information and other indicia of his/her persona for advertising, trade and publicity purposes without further compensation or notice or approval of any kind, except where prohibited by law.
2. TAMPERING. Attempting to tamper with the Sweepstakes/attempting to undermine the intended operation of the Sweepstakes; violation of these Official Rules; or any attempt to defraud Sponsor in conjunction with the Sweepstakes will result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes and the possible prohibition on such individual’s participation in future sweepstakes/contests/promotions offered by Sponsor. Beyond the preceding, Sponsor reserves the right to pursue all other available legal remedies to the fullest extent of the law.
o All entrants agree that any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be brought in the city and county of Dallas, Texas and irrevocably waive any claim or defense that such court does not have personal jurisdiction over entrant or that it is an inconvenient forum for such dispute.
o All entrants further agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, that any dispute will be brought individually and not as part of a class action within one (1) year after such cause of action arose (with it thereafter being forever barred) and that their recovery in same will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any), with the right to any other damages (including but not limited to incidental, compensatory, consequential and punitive damages) or other relief as well as attorneys’ fees being expressly waived.
o All entrants further agree that any dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State of Texas without regard to conflict of law or choice of law provisions.
2. WINNERS’ LIST. Names of winners (first name, last initial, city/ state) are available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor, Group Event Sweepstakes ATTN: Director of Corporate sales, at the address below. Be sure to include the month/year you are inquiring about. The winners’ list for a given month will be available beginning three (3) weeks after conclusion of that month. But, requests will only be accepted for two (2) weeks after the conclusion of a given month.
Sponsor: Spire Hospitality, LLC 4600 Fuller Drive, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75038 469-788-8700
ABBREVIATED RULES – THE BELOW SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN ALL PROMOTIONAL MESSAGING FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Promotion ends on December 31, 2023. Open to all legal residents, 21 and over, within 25 miles of a Spire Hospitality, LLC hotel in the 50 US, and DC. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Other restrictions apply.